R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Questions for Supershot
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 08:10 PM
rcmadkiwi
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Bit of a rehash of what’s said above, but. Honestly, best thing to do is get a re-released kit & use that as a runner. The original version will be worth good money if it hasn’t been used especially if it’s in the box art colour scheme. I’ve got one of the box art re-released Super Hot Shots for the shelf which looks awesome but any predominantly plastic Tamiya kit will come with it’s own limitations & push it too far & something IS going to break. Have had the first re-released Avante with a 2S Novak brushless combo which ran well with a 2S 25C 5000mAh Lipo but when I tried running it with the battery from my 22T with a higher burst rating it stripped a gear & I was lucky it didn’t do more damage. The same thing would work in a Super(shot or) Hot Shot. Check the overall top speed & gear down the pinion or spur if necessary to make it manageable. It helps to have obvious weak link in the drive train (plastic spur/metal pinion) which is easy to replace & will limit damage. You’ll won’t look back when you convert your buggy as your run times will be significantly increased & set up well it should remain problem free with regular maintenance provided you don’t push it too hard. Have a friend with a brushless original Wild One who often pushes it so hard that it usually cuts short a really good run & needs parts to continue using it. I saw the light with my first Team Losi...