R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - will VICTOR ENGINEERING ever return?
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 08:56 AM
BradleyMiller
Tech Initiate

Sam is doing repairs as of ? ? ? . . . I contacted Modelland / Sam back in January when I blew up my charger. He was going to be out a few weeks, so I waited and then sent my charger. It's April 11th and I still don't have it back yet, but two weeks ago I know he was working on repairs and upgrading it to the 3000 chip. I've called Modelland multiple times over the past 3+ months and nobody calls or emails me back when I ask for a status update. My coorespondence two weeks ago was the first thing I had heard in writing since they acknowledged receiving it back in February. I know that Sam is doing this part time and on his own schedule with Modelland just working on the collection part of the equation from my understanding. I certainly wouldn't be in a hurry to get the unit back if you sent one off. I've had to bum charger space the few times I've made it to the track. For me though, I've got all the software and a laptop to do the cell matching, so there isn't anything in a reasonable price range that does with my Victor does, and interface to the PC.

Oh, and to date:
$10+ in international calls via cell phone (DOH!)
$25 in shipping to canada
$120 (haven't got bill yet though) for repairs and upgrades

Yea . . . very soon I'll be 1/2 way to a newer modern Competition Electronics charger. *Sigh*