R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC10B64 Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2017, 08:02 AM
BRSracing
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mugenyute
Hey guys whats the best motor/ESC combo for this car? any suggestions??
I have run Reedy, Hobbywing Tekin and Orion.
Reedy works great no issues when I had all Reedy. If you do have a issue Reedy does have top notch customer service. You can find a lot of setups for Reedy stuff as well as several AE drivers use reedy stuff. Reedy still uses the program box to program the esc which is fine and serves its purpose but I prefer the software layout and user friendly phone apps to program my esc.

Hobbywing has some neat features, can use the phone app to program esc which is nice. Don't care for their motors much they seem to be a few years behind the curve on their motors. Customer service is difficult to contact, however you can get questions answered pretty well on here. Not much out there for setup support.

Tekin has great customer service lots of help from team drivers and Randy Pike who runs the team is one of the great guys in rc. Randy will bend over backwards to get you pointed in the right direction. The phone app is really nice and the data logger provides more information than anything else on the market. The only thing i dislike about Tekin is their esc switch. I prefer the switch built into the esc. Switch is minor though. Tekin is easy to solder new wires with the solder posts. Tekin Gen3 motors are nice, have had good luck with them. Their new Spec R stock motors in my opinion are top notch. I race a lot of stock and was having issues keeping up with other brands out there until i upgraded to the new Spec R motors.

Orion has nice stuff esc's are smooth and well built. The new stuff coming out from them HMX esc's are super expensive when compared to the rest of the market. I have never used the HMX and never will because its hard to justify almost a 400.00 esc for a 10th scale car. I have never had any luck with their motors. Mine have all run hot and slow no matter how i tried to gear them. I have seen at least 3 of my friends use their motors and not like them either. Customer service goes through Horizon Hobby..... good luck getting any response from them.

All four esc's i mention have great tuning options and in my opinion equal on how they respond and feel. I used to think Tekin was not as smooth but their last few updates have put them right on par with everyone else.

From my experience would rate Tekin first followed by Reedy, Hobbywing and then Orion.