R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS Gen 2
Thread: Tekin RS Gen 2
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 06:38 AM
Krio
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
Thanks, I just wanted to see if it was possible. I was thinking 4wd buggy, no boost, indoor track, clay. These things are like way higher than what they are rated for. I still think it could be done with a fan.
The current isn't the issue; it's the rate of heat dissipation. The aluminum case of the RSX is what allows it to run mod classes, even though it only has 4 more FETs than the RS Gen2, since they are in direct contact with the aluminum case to suck the heat away.

The original RS Pro was marketed as a mod speed control, but it was hard to keep cool in 4wd classes even though it has more than twice the FETs of the current RSX. That is why the new RS Pro Black Edition is marketed towards the stock/spec classes with its crazy low resistance thanks to all those FETs. The plastic case on the RS Gen2 was designed to be small and lightweight. It doesn't help with heat dissipation at all.

If you are going to try it anyways, add an additional capacitor and aim the fan directly at the soldering posts on the speed control. I would suggest starting in dual mode with the timing advance in the speed control set to 30.