R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Best first 4wd 1/10 racing buggy
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 05:12 AM
billdelong
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

Originally Posted by djgrom
In my area Losi, Associated and Tekno; kits and parts are readily available so will most likely go with one of those ...
That is the key right there, local support is the single most important factor... ALL brands of 1/10 buggies will break, see this happen every day... of those 3 to choose from I'd say Tekno is a no brainer.

I started with an In-Tech ER-14 and it was great for a season, then I switched to a Schumacher CAT K2 and it was a pinch faster, but Shuey parts are kinda pricey. I recently switched to the Tekno EB410 and it's a big improvement in performance and durability. Not saying it's bulletproof, I've seen 1 local driver beat the snot out of his Tekno and he's had a couple breaks, but the vast majority of Tekno owners are extremely happy to where I'd say it's overall the most durable brand I see on the track. I've had dozens of wall taps and hard hits that would've crumbled parts on my Shuey, and knock on wood, I haven't broken anything on my Tekno yet other than a stripped spur gear. I'm thinking it wouldn't hurt to reset the mesh after a hard hit or two, I had lots of hard hits sending the car into violent cartwheels before I finally lost the mesh. The single biggest improvement with the Tekno over the other 2 brands I ran is that the Tekno jumps/lands the best... I can push the car harder into awkward jump angles that would cause the other brands to traction roll where Tekno soaks up the abrasive conditions far better than I ever would've imagined.