R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Updating Losi 8ight 1.0
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 03:38 PM
30Tooth
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
Ok i understand now. I only ask because I’m ready to jump up to the 4.0 and the drivetrain parts have changed but lengths on the 2.0/3.0 are all the same, completely different parts but same lengths. Being as I have so many parts from 2.0 that fit my 3.0 im hoping some of it will still work with the 4.0 if it has Similar 3.0 length dog bones. I checked shocks and 3.0/4.0 lengths are the same so my 3.0 shocks can stay but all my drivetrain parts I hope have the same lengths. I don’t mind using a cvd style driveshaft if it’s the same lengths as the new dog bones and other updates. That’s why it’s good to know what those 1.0 parts lengths are Incase you need one for the 4.0 in a bind.
The rear centre axle is 2mm shorter on the 1.0 than the others because the chassis itself is shorter by the same amount. I think the wheel axles are now metric on the 4.0, don't know how much close are they to the 3.0 and 2.0 dimensions so beware. Can I ask why are you switching to the 4.0? I am sceptical of some claims TLR made