R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Lone Drifter
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scirocco14

What he meant was people were using TC chassis, with various bodies & VTA tires w/ 17.5 or 21.5 motors. I was in that series and won 3 of the series races running a 21.5 motor. The VTA tires just couldn't quite put the 17.5 power down consistently.

We were speculating that some people might try to adapt the VTA tires to other types of chassis (pan cars, Minis, 1/14 scale chassis, etc). A few people tried but weren't successful.

It was our attempt to show that 'traction limited' racing can be fun and relatively inexpensive. But it turned out the finishing order was pretty much the same (the fast guys were fast and the slow guys were slow), so the slow guys left to attempt to create some other class where they'd dominate.

MC
Yes , i think a class like that where the cars are not hooked up are a lot of fun .
This summer I race at a charity race where the surface was old school loose dirt. It was the most fun I had in along time . Cars like that really make you learn throttle control.

There are alot of good ideas out there for racing classes but only so much time and money to do them.

Last edited by Lone Drifter; 11-10-2017 at 04:55 PM.