R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno MT410
Thread: Tekno MT410
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 12:23 PM
3500ltz
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by bootbox
Here's the aftermath of a head on collision with an immovable object at full speed.
Holy smokes, hope you get her fixed up soon! What was the total list of damage?

Originally Posted by fullpull
Got the info, think I'll have both motors just to be safe.

T8 2000kv and CC 2200kv .

Great builds everyone!

I'm hooked.
There are quite a few threads and posts in this thread about motor selection and these two specifically but it depends on if you plan to run 4s or 6s batteries. There has definitely been a trend to run lower kV motors such as 1350 or 1700 since they seem to produce less heat amount other benefits. Either of those motors will be awesome with 4S but if you're trying to push the power of your rig or live in a hot area you may find additional benefits of a lower kV.
T8 ESC has the smallest footprint so its much easier to fit on the MT410 chassis but the motor and ESC aren't waterproof where as the CC system is waterproof (i think even their sensored motors are waterproof?) This was a huge deciding factor for me as enjoy ripping through rain, puddles, snow, etc. If you're going with 2 motors you could even something specifically for 4S and then another for 6S, or a waterproof system, etc, just depends on what your overall intent is!