R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Tiger to buy Associated
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 03:41 PM
koabich
Tech Master

Originally posted by jeffreylin
If you think the Japanese governmet subsidize Toyota and Honda you need to get a reality check. If you think that is why US cannot compete you need to get a refund for your MBA.
Please, you really need to do some more research on this topic. Nothing I said is a lie. I never said American could not compete but government funding doesn't help things. We all know that American Automobile manufactures have a lot of issues they need to resolve and they are as much to blame for their current condition as anyone.

[i]As for buying foreign products, I thought you have a TRF415. Last I checked Tamiya is Japanese. Or is it just cars we should buy American but everything else is okay? Isn't Chrysler a German company now? [/B]
I am not discouraging people or talking down to people that buy Japaneese RC Cars...besides that's not the argument of the discussion. The issue is an American Icon selling out and now being owned by a foreign company...regardless of which foreign company bought them.

[i]Oh yeah, and if you know the ONE SINGLE REASON why US economy is in a slump please call Alan Greenspan or President Bush and tell them how to fix it. [/B]
This comment is just plain funny!
Explain this though...when the ecomony was in the dumps...when it was at it's all time low...there was one thing that helped pull us out and make things, at least for the time being, a little better. That was when GM introduced incentives and 0% financing for their cars. Then the other OEM's followed suit. There is no arguing this fact...this simple action saved the US economy! Any finance person in any instution in any country will not argue this fact! When Americans, living in America purchase American cars, it helps the economy.

And yes, the US government is part of the problem!