R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Cobra GT
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2017, 01:43 AM
dan_vector
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wkloppen
Hello Gents,

A question about linkages play. I know it's a much debated topic in RC in general but I tend to believe the linkages play, especially on the steering servo linkage to the servo saver post is huge. Also the steering rods and the camber linkages do have quite a bit of play. Do I just need to replace them or are there better aftermarket linkages I can use. Did a lot of searching already but thought I'd ask here for some good advice....

thx in advance

w.
It depends where the play is coming from. I usually replace the plastic ball joints when wear starts to develop in the plastic but to be honest it isn't very often. If I remember correctly you run the RTR car? If so then the steering assembly has a lot of play in it from the outset. I don't mind a bit of play in the linkages and I actually think it leads to a freer feeling car on the track.

Another thing which is overlooked is the actual play in the steering servo itself. I used to run SAVOX but found the gears very soon developed a lot of play in them which actually made the rest of the steering system seem to have lots of play. I now run SANWA SRG-BX servos in GT (I was already using them in Buggy and 1/8 circuit) and most of the play went away as the servo them had no neutral play whatsoever.