R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2017, 09:28 PM
Slapmaster6000
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Just a heads up on a couple of realities that happen at H30.

Kyle is chief in charge of running the program and he generally signs for two classes. That means if he's 1 of the 4 in that heat, he will duck out to call races right afterwards. That leaves 3 marshalls on track and asking for a volunteer is not uncommon. Personally, I'd rather have Kyle on the mic instead of covering a corner (because he doesn't pay attention! Ha!) and I feel that running the program should come with a little perk. 3 marshalls can cover this track, but 4 is ideal. We also have a gentlemen that is not capable of marshaling, but we are thankful that every day he sees the sunrise and joins the kids for a little fun on the rug.

As for the main sheets: as soon as the program concludes, the clock ticks away. We have a hard, lights out, 10:30p contract with the Hangar and we do not get the luxury of dilly dallying around leisurely putting our equipment away, socializing, or race strategizing for next time. No, we need to hustle to break the program down or we run into financial overtime with penalties. So if folks are a bit put off by our abrupt conclusion to the end of the evening, trust me, its the way we have to operate. I hope that there is understanding there.

Its fantastic to see new faces! We've always made a push to welcome all. After all, this is just for fun!