R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Protek or ev-peak sd1experance or feedback
Old 10-19-2017, 03:18 PM
Randy_Pike
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racer56556
I am looking for someone with some experience with them . I can get one for a good price but I am wondering if it will still leave me wanting a icharger duo setup . I race stock class mostly (17.5 buggy and 13.5 4wd buggy) and I am most interested in the discharge side of the charger works . It says it will discharge at 30a but do you need something else to utilize the 30a discharge(discharge bank or deep cycle battery , etc..) . I can get this charger for a lot less than a 406 duo and a discharge bank , Currently using a thundepower and power supply that will charge at 20a mostly looking into a new charger because of the discharge features and my thunder power is starting to act a little funny sometimes? Any feedback on sd1 charger is appreciated thanks
I can tell you that it does not discharge at 30 amps. I've mentioned it to them to remove this spec but it appears it hasn't be done yet. To do 30amp "discharge" you have to charge another battery with the one being discharged which is kinda hokey.

for all out stock chargers the icharger is tough to beat. But to be honest, I run the 625 Duo Touch and have had zero issues keeping up with the Jone's as they say.