R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ko Propo VFS-1 ESC
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2005, 01:15 AM
Hebiki
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Re: Pls refer me to apage in this thread where.....

Originally posted by PMR
Just got my first vfs pro with a handheld and would be using this for mod on a Tamiya 415 with 8-9 turn V2 touring. Problem is I'll be using this set up in a big national race next week and I don't have a damn clue how to set up the esc. I've read the instructions but its kinda complicated. Can you please refer to me a page in this thread where I can find a very well explained basic instruction. I could always mess around with the handheld and get it to work but Im a bit pressured here cuz I'll be running mod, stock and GP all with different cars and given the time table. Thanks a bunch.
here are the instructions on how to set up:

Originally posted by Hebiki
Joneser.. bear with me.. i will try to answer ALL of your questions.

Ok.. the stock settings for the VFS-1 is 36 across the board. search back about 7-8 pages. i posted an excel file that tells you the frequency for each stage number. 36 across is WAY TOO SOFT for stock. i never go above 22 for stock. in fact. i stay in the teens and single digits.

below are instructions on how to program your esc with the handheld adapter. step by step

1. unsolder the motor & unplug the esc from the receiver
2. plug into the hand held adapter.
3. turn on the handheld adapter.
4. hold down the small button the esc switch. then slide the white switch to the on position. the RED LED light will turn on, then off, when it turns on again, you are ready to program.
5. on your HHA (handheld adapter), use the up and down buttons and go to the screen that says RX TX (RX = receive, TX = Transmit)
6. the left button corresponds to RX, and right button on TX.
7. HOLD DOWN the left button until it says "OK" on the HHA.
8. you have received the profile thats on your adapter.
9. program the profile as you wish.
10. scroll back to the RX TX screen. hold down the button for TX (right button)
11. the red led light will flash rapidly. CONGRATS. you just programmed your ESC.
12. turn off the esc. turn off the HHA. replug everything in.

Current Limit of 12 means its 120V. the zero got dropped.

to save your settings that you just programmed:
1. scroll to a memory slot (1-3)
2. program the throttle profile.
3. scroll to the screen that says LD SV
4. hold down the SV button. when it says ok. it has been saved.
5. later, to retrieve the profile. scroll to the slot you saved it in, go to the LD SV screen. hold down the LD button and it'll say "OK"
6. scroll and you will your profile.

hope that helps.
by the way.. visit the Ko site.. has a few mod profiles.