R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS .28 pull-start engine
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 11:58 PM
skybolt58
Tech Rookie

Originally posted by jfc_tech
i have to say here, now thats a BS. Have u ever thought of tuning it right? My savage with stock S25 engine can beat a GS S.U.T. [which is a truggy] and u meant the SAVAGE WITH STS .28 cant beat the losi stock

forgive me...i hope u just kidding.
Sorry ! But I wish I was kidding, I have been running Glow engines since 1973, I am sure I know how to tune a engine, cars/trucks/planes/boats/and helichopters. I have a lot of money in this savage! I doubt very much that the 3 speed would work, it needs more than 10% more speed to get past that losi lst. I thought for sure once I put that sts .28 in. and when I broke it all in I thought it was faster, But well it was faster than the stock .25! a lot of snott, But not enough for the losi lst. gearing is the main issue! the lst has a higher 2 speed ratio, and the diff's are higher geard. so I plan on buying a lst, and put my sts.28 on that.. then I can beat my son! thats the only way! on the lost ratio: is CB low 18 tooth, high 25 tooth, and the spur is 70t low and 63t high.. now that is some ratio's