R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Tiger to buy Associated
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 05:06 PM
koabich
Tech Master

Originally posted by DerekB
I'd find it hard to beleive that TTR would ruin years of AE marketing and brand image. It's much harder to build rep than ruin it.
DerekB
I hate to say it but the simple act of TT (a foreign company)purchasing AE has automatically ruined years of marketing and brand image.
There are a lot of people out there, me included, that have purchased AE or Losi cars for the simple fact that they are made in America.

I think the argument that AE being bought by a foreign company is being taken a little too far by some...after all this is a small RC company and not a company such as Ford or General Motors, but I can see the interest in a heated debate for the simple fact that AE was a top notch American company (and not to mention the simple fact that TT buying AE insures that any American manufacting in AE kits will now be lost to those overseas). They were a leader in RC for many years and they are, IMO, the reason why RC is the way it is today. I mean, honestly, all kits were toys until the RC10 came out and AE has been been pushing the RC envelope ever since. It's a heart breaker for me because I always owned and ran AE products because I was proud to be an American running American stuff.

This is a heated debate for the simple fact that I feel it'ss being related to the US automotive industry where it's acts such as this (foreign companies purchasing good american ones) and people buying asian cars that has the US ecomony hurting as badly as it currently is. hy so many American's have lost jobs.

Jason from BMI and several others are spot on. American companies rely on one thing to remain open and to operate...PROFIT! Asian companies (Honda, Toyota...and countless others) are all funded by their government. The government pays for their quality control, the governemtn pay's for their R&D, if Honda looses money when they sell a car, guess what, the Japaneese government makes up for the difference...the government pay's for this and that. It also helps that the foreign companies do not have to deal with the UAW (yes I said it....ban me/flame me now) and extremely high labor costs. Why do you think the Japaneese build automoticve plants in the US? Because they can build cars in the US MUCH CHEAPER than American Automotive companies can and the Amercian people are the tyoe to believe that if a car is built in the US then it must be American. There are people, even many who read this, that think their Honda or Toyota is American...that's too funny.

There are just too many unfair advantages that foreign companies have over US companies.

I will end my rant with this message:

Buy all the foreign RC stuff you want, but please buy American cars!!