R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lack of tracks in the coastal SE.
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2017, 01:54 PM
fivepointnine
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default Lack of tracks in the coastal SE.

Just having moved here to the Fort Stewart area after living in the Seattle area (Tacoma RC) and in England (15+ astro tracks within a 2 hour drive) I have become spoiled with essentially being able to race whenever I want within a reasonable distance.

Are there any tracks besides Phil Hurd within 2 hours drive of Savannah? While it is an amazing track, they do not hold races consistently.

Is there just a lack of racers/interest in this region? Is there a secret indoor track I do not know of that is closer than Columbia, Myrtle or Daytona?

I am tossing around the idea of trying to start an indoor carpet or astro offroad track if the demand is there for year round, indoor racing (Heat in the winter, A/C in the summer) If there is onroad interest I could even make removable obstacles on the track so it could double up.

The idea would be to hold racing 2-3 times a week and paid practice most evenings with timing.

I might even look into renting a gym/community center during the winter and doing one-day pop-up style races like we did all the time in England.

Thoughts? Ideas?