R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher's new K2 4wd buggy ..!
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 12:43 AM
Volition
Tech Regular

Hi guys.

I had a b5/b6 exotek eliminator I’d hand filed down, I used it for over a year. On Sunday week ago. I noticed it was not straight and making my spur gear wobble ever so slightly. So my idea was to get a carbon fibre washer to help straighten it up. In measuring up the shaft I came up with a rudimentary idea for a slipper eliminator. I sent it off to bezerk rc. By the end of the week I had a beautiful new slipper eliminator to test. The test was brilliant the car had never be so smooth on power delivery, and not a mark on either gear. Using a polypropylene plastic pinion and Kimborough spur. I qualified 2nd on a dusty grooving up track and ended up taking the win in 3rd final overall. We run 17.5t in Australia for stock classes, but this will be no problem with 13.5t. I think it’s great.

Anyways it weighs a total of 1.5 grams, maybe if there is interest he might do a run of them so I’ll let you guys know. It’s 2 pieces carbon fibre flange and a alloy tube. He also gave me the idea to buy another layshaft cut it down and I’ll tap a m3 thread into it. Basically just the carbon fibre flange with no extra shaft. I’ve ordered it and will post once I get it going. But for now this is a great solution making sure you can also put back on your slipper.

Bezerk RC

Bezerk RC Schumacher Cat K2 slipper eliminator (installed alloy tube, flange not visible)

Bezerk RC Schumacher Cat K2 slipper eliminator (Flange, carbon fibre)

Last edited by Volition; 09-27-2017 at 08:30 PM.