R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekno RC SCT410.3 Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2017, 12:38 PM
DirkW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok, Tekno experts, need a little help, please:

Although I liked the way my SCT410.3 drove with more or less of a stock box setup (only modified by a ton of hop-up parts and overdrive), I really hated the way it jumped: the (in)famous Tekno nose dive really started ticking me off. So I decided to try the new 2017 setups from Tekno's website ("Recommended Indoor/Outdoor Dirt" and "Joe Bornhorst's Medina Club"). As both seemed to be very close to another, I went for the "Recommended Dirt" one to use as a base).

So I got all the new parts: new steering (I know, that's not part of jumping problem ), LF springs(!) and I did all the other changes in geometry , etc. that these setups require - with two exceptions:

1.) instead of getting 8x1.3 (TKR6051) pistons and drilling them to 1.4, I simply bought 8x1.4 pistons (TKR6053) and
2.) since I already had the aluminium damper caps, I left the shocks with a vented setup, instead of emulsion.

I didn't yet have a chance to drive it again (due to weather and work), but just dropping it down from my hand, from a height of a little more than a foot or so, the chassis did a loud, full slap on the floor. I don't suppose it's because of the pistons, since they are 8x1.4 conical, as required by the setup, with matching oil and spring... or is it? Or could it really make such a huge difference (since I don't think that setup is supposed to chassis-slap so badly) between vented and emulsion shock setup? In other words should I bother and try going back to the plastic caps, or what else could it be? Any ideas?