R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2005, 07:11 AM
Mr. Shookie
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: LCG Conversion Kit

Originally posted by Geppetto
I see that the Yokomo site now has more photos and details on this conversion kit. I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement of its price.

With all the buzz over the BD, it seems the LCG is not being talked about much. Where's the Yokomo Love.

I think that the LCG may be a better choice for me because it shares more parts with my current SD Black and CGM chassis. I wanted the Limited Edition kit (SDW???), but the price and limited availability gave me pause. Now that I see the details of the conversion kit (easy access diffs, lower CG etc.), I'm glad that I waited.

Concerning the BD, I really would like to have a belt drive in my Yokomo Paddock, but the cost is tough for me to swallow. I guess I can't get over the kits costing over $300.

Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the LCG!
I too understand your delema, I gave in to my RC want and got the BD and am currently running it. I never owned a belt drive except for the Yokomo Mini TC (which is for sale) I have been condenplating on selling the SD/Rayspeed because I don't have time to run and maintain two cars. I am going to get a good final setup on both cars and then do lap time tests and which ever gives me the most consistant lap times will be the car I will keep. Right now I am being very consistant with the BD it is different to drive that is for sure. I was going to get the LCG conversion but I dought it will make me any faster and being that it will cost more than $200 it would be really hard to explain that cost to my wife.
I think if the SD is your winner car right now than the LCG is right for you. But with a new chassis it would put all the expence of the Rayspeed upgrade in the trash.
Just my thoughts....
Stephen <><