R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2017, 02:01 PM
tvih
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by marcos graveyar
As far as common breakages go I suppose it depends on how good a driver you are, as a racer you will probably go through gear sets more than anything else (I would normally have 3-4 spare 54277 in my pit box), as a basher it'll be the F parts bag, suspension, that you need to keep handy (I prefer the M05Ra versions 51425 rather than the standard 51393 but you can mix the C hubs and hubs to play around with front track width as another tuning option soone or two packs of each is handy). Other than that the M05 is a good strong chassis.
For onroad driving I'm a complete noob, never driven an onroad car for even a centimeter! I'll do track driving and racing though, not bashing. I probably won't be driving excessive amounts with it as offroad is still my main focus, and as for onroad if all goes as planned I'll also have a Turnigy TD10-based car to zip around with.

The R version seems to come with 51425 as default anyway so makes sense to get that for a spare. Luckily it's a cheap bag so no problem to get it. As for the gearset, since 54277 which is also standard with the R version, do they really break/wear out so quickly despite being "reinforced" versions? Still, not a bad idea to grab at least one spare set I suppose.