R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi LST 3XL-E
Thread: Losi LST 3XL-E
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2017, 05:28 PM
robert@castle
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Overdriven
Obviously the chassis is different and is comprised of a main plastic chassis with a bunch of aluminum plates that attaches to the same bulkheads as before. Yeah there is a hole right by the servo horn but if you look at the angle of the chassis it would be pretty hard for the servo horn to get hit.
My concern isn't so much impact as a rock bouncing up in there and getting wedged in the opening while turning.

Another not so obvious change is the steering bellcrank is now 1/8 buggy/truggy style with integrated servo saver! Hallelujah!! 1/6 size servo sounds good, haven't noticed the specs for it yet though.
Is there many servos on the market in this size? Is it the same size as 1/5th scales use?

Robert@Castle noted that the motor has the mount built into it and that kind of sucks. Losi does have a motor mount for those who want to run a different motor but it's going to be limited to 40mm or 42mm diameter motors, see link below. Why Losi likes motor mounts like this is beyond me, hopefully the aftermarket will come up with something more like a traditional 1/8 buggy/truggy mount that can do larger diameter motors.
Losi: Heat Sink Motor Mount, LST 3XL-E: Losi (LOS242021)
Good find on that. I had looked through the part pages really quick and didn't notice that. I'm kinda tempted to get it and engineer a mount for it that will hold a 2028 like the kershaw kit for the x-maxx. Maybe he'll make a kit for this truck as well.