R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Question: Being laped !
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 10:07 AM
dakrat
Tech Master

Originally posted by Scrubb
Nimble,

Back in the old days, we used to have to put number stickers on our cars so the race director could identify the cars. But with transponders and personal transponders so avaliable, it has become a thing of the past. Same with trophy awarded for club racing. I miss the old ways.

I had to punt a racer out of my way about two weeks ago, Running stock 1/12th, lapping a decent driver for the third time, who happens to have a slow motor, I had been sitting behind this guy for 5 laps. Second place is closing in on the lead i had built. Now this driver isn't new by any means, useally he's one of the faster racers. He's not letting me by, he's just racing me, three laps down already. This is about 3 minutes into the 8 minute run. We have a small indoor carpet track so the lap times are around the 7 second range. So I bump him out of the way going into a corner and continue my run. I wasn't sorry for doing it, i did it on purpose. I didn't care if he was pissed because i hit him, because he obviously didn't care he was pissing me off by slowing me down.

well, if your faster driver than him, why not go around him instead of hitting his car? if u did that to me, ur going to spend some time in the hospital