R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Inferno MP9 TKI4 1/8 Buggy Kit
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2017, 02:54 PM
30Tooth
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by am
No, i do not adjust only one axle at a time. You need to go upwith the camberlink also, this makes it even worse... This only happends on high traction tracks tough.

You are intiteled to your opinions, and in theory you are probely right. But my experience tells me something else so i stick to what works for me :-)

On a side note, it was interesting to see that Boots and all the Kyosho drivers went from 13 degrees caster and TKI4 bplate and knuckles to TKI3 parts and as much caster (19 degrees) and kickup they had parts for in the hightraction euros warmup.

Happy racing :-)
Gotcha Mr. Anders, inside I knew you know more than tuning one axle at a time. In that regard I can assure you that going to long upper arms and one position higher on the shock tower side with stiffer roll bars(or more bar preload, try for yourself) is the complete package, you have to change a couple of things as all is interconnected.

That's why I want to help you all, I know you are driving with your experiences and I am offering mine for the betterment of the Kyosho brand.

That track had many sharp holes and the cars were tossed quite badly, with my setup that is lessened big time. With more caster the bump handling is even better if you need it.

Originally Posted by Kyosho99
When do ypu recomend this setup?
Everywhere, all year. Treat shock oil as a starting point in a cold climate so expect to run around 500 if it's warm in your location (upwards of 30ºC).

V2 setup uploaded here and to Wiki. If not mentioned then it's setup from the manual. Use 101-120 droop.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	LR HT v2.jpg
Views:	2938
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	1442248  

Last edited by 30Tooth; 09-05-2017 at 08:37 AM.