R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Spashett to Tamiya
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 07:29 AM
Mr. Shookie
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by losi_g+
I was just warning cos someone went off on one BIG STYLE a couple of days ago on the JRX-S thread after someone said that they didnt think it would be a winner.
My opinion: JRX-S needs time, it is new, relatively untested, dofferent and a bit groundbreaking. Just think back 10 years and remember how many people said that the T-Tech Predator wouldnt work and that they were stupid to invest all that money in a 'silly car' which didnt follow tradition- It wiped the floor with the competition!
Moral of the story - "Dare to be different!"
As for Spash - being a losi fan it is a huge blow to see the team leader (that is what he is!) go to TRF, but good luck to him. He obviously has his reasons and i personally dont think he has been happy for a while. Just look at the recent photos - he hasnt looked happy or smiled for pictures like he always did. He is a world class driver and he has shown that but he needs to re-ignite his spark!
RELATIVELY UNTESTED is way off,
They have been testing the JRSX since March last year at a local track out here. To say untested is a bit wrong. I really beleave the problem will be the bottom side of the cash COW of RC Cars...the RTR market. Remember there is only two or three really descent RTR out there for youngin's to buy right now. The TC4 and the G+ Do you really think the JRSX is going to be able to be tuned by some wet behind the ears kid who loves his XXXS and wants to move up...I think Losi is going down the right path but I think that they are trying to make a JRSX that could also be user friendly and tunable from the junior RC'r. Just my thoughts.
I think that the JRSX is ground breaking but hasn;t really performed as well as of yet and think they are trying to get everything worked out......
Hope it happens soon. Especially since the new Yok and Xray have just been released and doing well so far...well the Xray has the Yok is still too new.
SO far SO good in my hands though. LOL
Stephen <><
Also David will do well where ever he goes....