R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi1
Thread: Schumacher Mi1
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 11:54 PM
cementsurfer86
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InfamousRacerX
Hi I recently purchased and assembled my Mi1V2. I took it out racing on Sunday and got smoked in USGT. It is my 3rd time racing in USGT and my first with this car first two races I used a Tamiya TT02 and I was getting smoked even worse. I bought new everything chassis motor, esc, and servo. Now my straight away speed is great It is equal to the fastest guys. Now in the turns the car will not turn and I have to either drift or take wide turns. Is this because I am running the front diff and not a spool?

I use to race touring cars on carpet about 13 years ago when nobody really used spools but it looks like I am at a big disadvantage not using one. I know I am not the best driver but I feel like I should at least be middle of the pack. I think I should maybe fill out a setup sheet so you guys can see how the car is setup and maybe give me some recommendations.

The track I run on is outside on pavement and is pretty large with a 120'-130' straight away.
Fill out a setup sheet so we can see what we're looking at. The spool will definitely help the overall feel, but that's just part of it.
If you do run the spool, pick up a set of DCJ's for the Mi5/Mi6 to take care of the chatter.

Below is the link to my base carpet setup. This works well for asphalt as well, but I'd soften the springs a rate or two. Hope this helps!

Schumacher MI1 - Jesse Anderson - Base Carpet Setup - Sept. 2014