R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTC1
Thread: Mugen MTC1
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 06:57 AM
niznai
Tech Elite

Ha.

Someone told you so a month ago.

Looks like "end of July" means "end of August", right?

Originally Posted by niznai
I would be surprised if it hits the shelves before September.

Like I said before, now they are probably looking at pre-orders to gauge how many units will be sold on release day and will probably take it form there.

I have to say however, they don't look like they are stirring interest much (look at Xay/Tamiya, etc). Who knows why that is? Budget? Marketing? Projections? Whatever.

My gut feeling is the car won't be a big seller (for whatever reason), or at the very least not something that one would go totally balls out on and I think they have demonstrated that they don't bank on it (modest hype/advertising/marketing/etc). By now, Tamiya or Xray would have already spent millions on promotion. Doesn't look like Mugen did.
I would say the delay gives even more support to my theory above. I am more inclined to believe my own guess that Mugen waited to see the pre orders before actually manufacturing anything, hence the delay.

Even then, I would say that if be the end of September all orders are not filled and there is relatively healthy stock on the shelves, then they have some problems, either with manufacturing or suppliers, or more serious (think cash).

If we take into account that Pietsch has been competing all over Europe over summer (and there's still some left), I would also guess he didn't have much time to promote the car or develop. Either way, don't expect last minute changes in the chassis (which if the car is already in production somewhere, would be a costly and time consuming exercise). If the delay extends past September, that means they might have serious problems. By that I mean serious enough that it could lead to shelving the whole project.

Last edited by niznai; 08-23-2017 at 04:04 AM.