R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Mini-Z Series
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 05:10 AM
Tim3
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This question is from Flanker0408 ( Frank )

http://www.rctech.net/forum/micro-mi...03-ve-pro.html
Hi guys,

Before I got into the Mini-Z hobby, luckily I found this awesome forum and I asked a couple of questions in my old thread. Special thanks go to NoBrainer and mleemor60, thank you very much for your helpful suggestions.

I ended up getting a MR-03 VE Pro GP chassis and a McLaren body. I am running Kyosho 30 deg tires up front and 20 on rear. I put a 5600kv motor on the chassis to meet the rules of my local group. I am using the gyro unit. I have not upgraded any other optional parts yet. Last weekend, my local group held a track day and I had some test run on the RCP track. The car is not running very well when cornering and I would like to ask some questions. Any suggestions are definitely welcome

(1) The car tends to over steer when turning right and under steer when turning left, how to fix it? I have disassembled the ball diff and greased it. Is it because the diff is too loose/ tight? Or maybe something else is wrong?

(2) I checked out the PN Racing Precision Gear Diff. Regarding the performance, especially cornering, is it better than the stock ball diff on MR-03? What are the general advantages/ disadvantages of ball/ gear diff? If it was better, which PN Gear Diff should I get, MR2055M or MR2055P? My MR-03 has a Kyosho aluminum MML motor mount.

(3) I have ordered the camber 1 steering knuckle and toe-in/ toe-out steering linkage set. What should I use if I want to fix the problem I mentioned in (1)?

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Frank