R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Question: Being laped !
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2005, 05:36 PM
morpwr
Tech Apprentice

Default getting lapped

wouldnt it be nice if all the fast drivers where that clean!ive seen on many occassion drivers with a very high skill level drive through cars obviously on purpose.and ive also helped slower drivers fix their cars only to have them come back in the next qualifier and tell one of my friends your going to have to work to get around me.nice when your buddy is 2 seconds faster each lap and he takes him out on the next four laps in the qualifier.so helping the struggling drivers doesnt always work either.i guess the only fair thing to say is just like real auto racing you have to know who you are racing with and there driving styles.one of the best things you can do time permitting is watch some of the practices and other qualifiers ,you will soon learn who is fast and who is clean or not.as for telling someone to hold a line when coming up on them in qualifiers this works well at our local track.its actually funny this much has been written about this subject because in the end crashing whether caused by you or someone else slows you down!!!!!so regardless letting someone go by and not crashing is still faster than holding them up,because after a few corners of being held up they will eventually punt you.