R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Protek LS-5
Thread: Protek LS-5
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 08:38 AM
Shady3275
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rkhess
So my return to nitro after 4 years off I decided this would be my first motor for my tekno nb.4, so glad I did. I bought the prerun version idled 3 tanks, 3 half speed tanks, 3 short full speeds tanks.... 1 rain delayed club race 2heats and 20min main then I was off to futaba challenge ....got over 8min easly and cleared the triple there every time ....0 flame outs it'll run 230-260 ...and has one of the strongest idles I've seen ....I went up from a 13t to a 14t and still had to soften the clutch once I put a race tune on it ....ran a 9901 w/41021 header actually going to try the 3mm shorter 41031 header on slick tracks to calm the bottom down even more and add some top end...
I've ran so many p5's and p5 copies over the years, something about this mito carb has me intrigued makes a little more run time and is easier to tune.....if you are having any problems reset the needles to factory settings ....in my opinion the mid range is super sensitive use half hour's if any ....

What type of fuel / % nitro are you running ?
Also which plug are you running ?

I believe it came with the C6TGC, which is what I've been using. I also picked up a C5TGN since AMain's website says it can be used in any temperature range but have yet to use it. Also picked up a CTO7, thought I might try colder plug since I live in Georgia and we have Very hot and very humid summers. Any suggestions on best plug for this engine ? I haven't been able to get the tunning down perfect yet, I think I'm missing something once I start trying to tune my low speed needle and idle screw, my car feels a little sluggish coming out of corners and on the bottom end, I noticed most other buggys on the track were pretty quick and snappy through the corners. In the main event of my first race, my engine kept dying every time I would land a jump, & I have yet to figure it out. I'm running it in a tekno nb48.3 with the stock 15t clutch bell