R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTC1
Thread: Mugen MTC1
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 10:35 AM
30Tooth
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glennhl
I can't think of even one race track where every second doesn't matter.
You got me. Should've said every tenth

Originally Posted by DavidNERODease
The numbers I've shown were for a World GT pan car where the body weight made up a much higher percentage of the total... obviously the lighter the car the easier it is alter the CG. I started with this Technical Articles to find the true CG of the car fully ready to race - includes everything such as heavy wires, paint, stickers, wing etc.
Then you figure out the CG of the desired individual component and how much it contributes to the location of the overall CG. Do a bunch of math to find the effect of changes or just remeasure and get the new overall CG. You could use CAD of course but it's a lot of work to get EVERYTHING in the model - such as wires which can't be ignored.
You got me worried, that's my method too but I haven't measured a small pan car ever (I do have a RC10L2) so those numbers were really out of the norm to me.

In this regard the servo can be mounted 5mm outwards to balance a heavy pack if there is a need so another plus to this car. Prices on the mugen site are in line with normal Xray parts, wishful thinking the street prices will be a tad lower.