R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya XV-01
Thread: Tamiya XV-01
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 08:25 AM
longuylander
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheOtherBill
Hey LongIslander I saw an earlier post on here where the guy drilled a hole to get the Batt. plug up and out of the Batt. compartment. Then sealed it with Shoe Goo I think. I don't know if he charged it in that configuration I wouldn't myself. Since I started lusting for an XV-01 I have read all 101 pages of this thread......more than once.
Yeah, I'd rather fiddle with the screws than destroy the looks and the protection of the chassis.

I did take the car out this morning to the park near my house for some dirt driving. The MST realistic rally tires did much better on the short grass than I thought they would, but not quite as great on the dusty, packed dirt. Granted, I didn't get much running time, because within a few minutes, a pebble managed to get through the spur/pinion cover. The front screw was too long, hitting the motor, and left about a 2mm space between the cover and the motor mount. That was all it took. The spur and pinion weren't damaged very badly, but the clicking noise the embedded pebble was making was maddening. I'll have to get back to the part later for a more thorough test.