R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - VANC/PDX racers please fill out survey for prospect location/type of track! THANKS!
Old 08-02-2017, 11:13 AM
T-Hawk
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sorcerer001
A popular alternative throughout the country is a temporary track, set up in a gym. Churches, schools, community centers... Which is exactly what's happening this winter. RCSR will be running a carpet track up slightly north of Timezone.
I wish people would quit complaining about what we don't have, and start utilizing what we DO have. Premier was a pretty damn nice track - exactly what on road racers have been praying for over the years, and much of the time, you'd be lucky to see more than 25 racers on a club night. There wasn't much hope of keeping that place open, though the owners did their absolute best. There is a direct correlation between healthy turnouts, and quality, long term race facilities. It also improves the odds for a new track popping up should an existing facility shuts down.
Yeah, we don't have a carpet indoor track at the moment, but we do have one of the nicest on road tracks in the US less than an hour north of Portland, which is affiliated with the club that's running the carpet track this winter. I know asphalt is scary, but the "I'm a carpet guy!" racers are really missing out. For like, half of the year.
If everything goes as planned, we should be able to hold our first race no later than Thanksgiving time.... We will run an every other Saturday program.