R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Big C's Prayer Room
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 06:49 AM
BigC2007
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Struggle Spiritually

If you been a believer for anytime then you will know at times we will Struggle Spiritually. So as I pray for myself I would like you to pray for me as well also anyone else that may read this that get caught up in this struggle.

Today is one of them days for myself that I pray when I get up and praise HIM for all but devotion time and reading the word is at a low.

Let me ask you… As a Believer in Yeshua the Messiah and as a member of the Body of Christ, are you perfect? No, this is not a trick question. While you have been made new in Jesus Christ who atoned for all of your imperfections, you are still a human being for as long as you live on the earth. You are covered in God’s endless, unconditional grace and mercy, but… You still make mistakes. You mess things up. You are still maturing as a Believer day-by-day. That’s why it’s so important for every Believer to explore the important theme of spiritual growth that we find throughout the Bible. For example, Psalm 139:23-24 reads: “Search me, God, and know my heart; test me and know my concerns. See if there is any offensive way in me; lead me in the everlasting way.” As Believers, we are constantly being called to become more Christ-like in our thoughts, hearts, minds, and actions. The only way to continue in this process of sanctification is to first identify and acknowledge the areas in which we are weakest. Only then can we deepen our relationship with our Savior and allow Him to shape us more after His own heart. But before you remind yourself of all your weak spots and start beating yourself up, you need to understand ONE THING:

You Are a New Creation… and Nothing Can Separate You from God’s Love!
As you start to think about the areas of your life God desires to help you grow in, it is important that you first understand that spiritual growth has absolutely nothing to do with:

Your salvation in Christ…
How much God loves you…
How long you’ve been a Believer…
How much you know about the Bible…
Or how many religious activities you’re involved in…
The truth is, from the moment you accepted Jesus as your Savior and Lord, you were made right with God. He loves you unconditionally, and just because you struggle with areas of spiritual weakness does not mean you are any less of a Believer or any less cherished by your Heavenly Father. What this does mean is that because you accepted Yeshua, Jesus, you have been called to grow in your faith and become more like Him until the day you leave this world or see Messiah’s return. This is not some mystical or emotional process that happens overnight. There is no secret formula to the spiritual growth your heart desires. The key to continuing this lifelong process of growth starts simply with you answering this question:

Just as God has blessed you with specific Godly characteristics and gifts you are strong in, there are other areas of your spiritual life that you would like to improve in. Maybe you wish you were more hospitable to others… Maybe you struggle to give thanks and be grateful for all your blessings… Maybe you feel like you lose your patience too easily… Whatever area you feel weakest in, that is where God wants to grow you and make you more like Him. Through His power, God can use every part of you to glorify His name, even your weaknesses. And the first step in starting that process of spiritual growth and allowing God to strengthen you is to simply confess your greatest area of weakness!