R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Vbc D09
Thread: Vbc D09
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 01:13 PM
JeanGirard
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Airwave
Nope nothing's missing... It's just that with the included items and without any explanations, I've tried some configurations, but none of them can provide additional toe in the curves, only the opposite...

I'll take the time tomorrow to show you my current configuration, and the "most probable configuration" I can achieve with included parts... Honestly, why can't VBC includes some user manual in the hop-up parts???
You'll need the inside pick up point on the link to be lower than the outside, so that under compression the link needs to "shorten" the distance between the two pick up points. The opposite being when the inside point is higher, the outside point has to move out as the suspension compresses towards a 0 degree link angle.

The outside point essentially moves on a curve. When the link is parallel to the lower arm, any movement up or down must move the point on the steering arm/rear hub inwards. When you want more toe, you must make the point move further away from center, and when you want less you make the point move closer to center.