R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya mini cooper
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 09:18 AM
JatoTheRipper
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gigaplex
So I think I found out why my M05v2R was pulling left when accelerating. I checked the corner weights using 4 small scales and found that the front right and rear left wheels were carrying a lot more weight than the opposing ones. I checked the preload of the shocks, and the corners carrying the most weight were set quite a bit shorter than the others, yet those wheels touched the ground first when testing droop. I suspected the chassis was twisted, so I loosened all the screws connecting the front half to the rear half of the chassis, gave it a wiggle, then tightened it back up. The corner weights balance pretty close to even now with roughly equal length shocks. Hopefully it runs straighter next time I take it for a spin.
Please, do give us an update. This was one of my concerns while building the M-07. I tried to tighten everything evenly and in a cross pattern so that I didn't distort the chassis.

The disappearing tape on the bottom of the chassis was one of my concerns. Because of this I also put tape on the inside and I'm glad I did. I have an idea to fix this though.