R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 7PX
Thread: Futaba 7PX
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 12:56 PM
darnold
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
I think the reason you weren't able to perceive a difference between 4pls and 4px running on R304 is because they probably have almost same latency. You can kind of imply by using the same receiver you will have the same frame rates of transmitting and receiving. The only thing that will make a difference is the TX signal processor basically. But it's all speculation at this point until someone conduct the test.

My personal take on it is you can probably feel the difference in speed between a 4px and m12s but it won't make a appreciable difference unless you are very top of your game. I agree it's a diminishing return thing and I think at below 5ms we are probably very close to human limits already.

To me mechanical feel and ergonomics is a little more important once the latency becomes the bottle neck.
Good points. It seems like different people truly can feel a difference between Latency that is below 5ms, -and/or-, a Tx Frame-rates that are above 300hz (with digital servos). The latency seems to aide consistency via better "response resolution" (more of the input is actualized). The frame-rate aides steering fidelity and holding power (finer steering control and more steering power from the servo for the car).
The 4pX changes both latency AND frame-rate depending upon what rx you are using. So it is possible that if you use an Sfhss rx with both a 4pL and a 4pX that you won't see a difference, but then if you change to a Fasst rx you could. What would be interesting would be if Condac could test a 4pL with each of the three rx's to see what both the latency, and the Tx frame-rates are so that we could know for sure.
Condac's tests also found another anomaly pertaining to latency and Tx frame-rates based upon rebinding the systems. Condac found that you have to rebind these systems, sometimes more than once or twice, when you make changes in response rates and rx's for them to actualize those settings.
Any of these situations (rx, response rate settings, rebinding after settings are made) seems like they can affect a driver's feel between different systems.