R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is there a world wide parts/tire shortage?
Old 07-24-2017, 11:27 AM
EbbTide
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mirkinator
Yea. there is that guy here who says he is still on the Durango Racing Team and "Has no problem getting parts". Or course he runs 1/8th scale which seems the be the easiest rig to find parts and kits for. Also makes sense because ARRMA shares alot of parts with it and would be less expensive to keep parts going for it. Its the only Durango kit on Tower (Owned by Hobbico) that isnt disco'd.

And I love popping into the durango 1/10th threads. The lengths you guys go to to get parts! AlanR also seems to be quite the sluth! Lol, good luck.
Yeah I remember seeing that post from the "sponsored" durango driver but he never fessed up about how he gets parts or what his manager says about Durango's future. So I'm with you in that they're just living off the remaining 1/8 scale parts still floating out there, and supplementing it with Arrma parts when factory bits can't be had.

I can't say it is financially "smart" of me to be going to the lengths I have been to get parts, but I have to say, no other buggy I've owned hit the spot the way my 210's have. It's going to be painful to watch my parts stash dwindle over the years until nothing is left lol. I bet that is a similar mentality embraced by the others like Alan who are trying to keep the Durango name alive however long we can. Not to mention, these buggies can still kick butt!