R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2017, 05:26 PM
bubbaslash
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gpitty
Y'all were so helpful when I was installing my Velineon system in the Slash. So I thought I'd stop back and pick your brain again!

So I did the Velineon upgrade. I got proline shocks, the protrac kit, 2.8 trenchers, rpm caster blocks and turn buckles or whatever they're called lol.

I cannot find a good gearing. But I won't start another gearing thread! I tried 19/90, 17/90, 23/90, 19/86 and 23/86 and they were either too slow or got too hot. I run wide open 90% of the time... But anyway.......

There is a severe wobble. Everything looks okay except the rear tires have a severe toe in. Is that normal? I'm not crazy about the trenchers on pavement. Yes they hook great, but they seem too soft and balloon a lot!

Today I cracked the bulkhead and broke a proline control arm, but it was wobbly before that. The body shakes extremely bad at high speed and gets worse when you let off the trigger. What should I be looking for here? What could be bent? I've bashed the crap out of this thing!

I can upload pics if the site will allow me to. Thanks in advance for any help. Or feel free to tell me I'm an idiot. Haha
We gear for whatever track we're at, so the truck tops out at the end of the longest straight. Slashes come with 3 degrees of rear toe in. We've never broken a Protrac arm. We use aluminum bulkheads, but someone on another forum reviewed the RPM bulkhead and liked it.