R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TA07 pro
Thread: Tamiya TA07 pro
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 07:58 PM
Core Creations
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

What motor were you running? The car looked good in your main!

Originally Posted by altitudelow
First outing for my second-hand TA07 today, overall I'm super impressed. I haven't raced touring cars (aside from our Porsche spec class TA02s) since the brushed motor days and I can't believe how fast even USGT is!

The car came to me (and I ran it) mid-motor (most fwd position), silver springs in front white in rear, with a very thickly-fluided front diff and some HPI tires that were similar to the USGT spec ones. Track is black carpet. My initial job at sidewall gluing was not high enough and I had traction roll issues on top of the fact that I wasn't used to powering through corners with the thick front. First heat I lost a screw from the bottom of a C hub, second heat my servo saver screw backed out, but after some help I got everything sorted for the last two runs which were a blast. In those two I used SXT 3.0 on the rears only and found the car very nimble, rotating quickly under power. I gave the TA07 a heck of a beating today and aside from losing two screws it was no worse for wear.

Started at a 3.40 FDR and it was really fast but the motor seemed much hotter than my 17.5 buggy ever gets, so I took it down to 3.55. It performed okay but was noticeably running out of legs on the straights, might gear back up and add a fan (or take an actual temp measurement instead of being subjective) since it was still pretty darn hot that way too. And after I get the right tires on and see how that goes, I'll look at toning down the front diff.