R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Traxxas 2wd Slash Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 10:57 AM
bubbaslash
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hotrod87
Looking for a hcg again. Not sure why but the hcg always seems to work better for me than the lcg. I know it doesn't make sense but........
Are you racing on a loose track? If so, the HCG does have an advantage with weight transfer. Remember the gasser cars that drag raced in the 60's? Nose in the air looked weird but helped transfer weight to the rear end which was helpful considering the slicks that were used at the time. On a tight corner, the chassis roll caused by the HCG prevents the truck from spinning out. Most of the weight of the truck is transferred to the outside tires, forcing them to bite in. We have some true race trucks, but once in a while my youngest son will run my Slash just for kicks. It's dialed for outdoor dust (took 3rd in 2wd Mod SCT in a major race this year lol) but we can stick the front sway bar on it and run competitively indoors too. With a couple trans mods, regearing the stock servo, and 2-stage pistons and linear-rate springs you can have your competition scratching their heads