R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - JConcepts Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 10:57 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
Thanks. LHS is getting some of these so will give them a comparison.

I have a question on the black tire compound. I had some NIB 3Ds I wanted to try out for 1/10 buggy in black compound. I noticed that the tires felted and looked like they had this weird "sheen" to them. Almost like they were more plastic than rubber. The compound felt more pliable than my green compound tires, but didn't feel "softer" like say a proline M3 to a M4 was.

Is this sheen common the black compound tires? I was hoping these were similar in softness in a proline M4 since they are stopping some good tire types in this compound and Jconcepts has tires that are still good for dirt for buggy, but unfortunately these seemed worse for traction than my greens which I wasn't expecting since a super soft compound like proline M4 or AKA Super Soft bites well here
The green and blue compounds have been updated recently, but the black has not. The updated rubber (green/blue) feels softer and works better, but unfortunately the black still has that stiff feel. I've put some WD40 on my blacks before and bagged them and they felt/worked good after that.

Anyone know where to find some goosebumps for 1/10 buggy?
Scheduled to be back in stock end of July.