R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated F1
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2017, 03:56 PM
texastc
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
I have mine mostly box stock. I've added the alloy caster and camber inserts, replaced the set screws with button head screws for the damper springs and put shock eyelets from the F6 parts list (same length as the damper eyelets) and 5mm threaded ball studs on the outer damper tubes. I secured the outer damper screw with a thin M3 nut on a button head and now I can unscrew the ballstud to relube the damper instead of popping it off.

The build was straight forward. The only odd parts are the 3D drawings for the front end make it hard to align the front upper plate if you're not careful and some incorrectly labeled dimensions on some of the parts.

Driving wise, you'd like it. Once the tires are truly run in (CRC, Pit or Schumacher) the kit inspires confidence. I have tried the new Gravity premounts and they are good. They are half a second slower, but need more time on them.

My setup is box stock, 4mm front and .5mm droop, 4.5mm rear ride height and 1.5mm droop. I have a 90 gram brass plate running inline, low CG shorty batteries, Hobbywing Pro Stock Spec ESC mounted to allow for inline or transverse at the same time. Car is @ 1053g. It is put into motion with a Team Scream The 1 25.5.

On Black carpet: Glue the sidewalls from the middle of the tire to the edge of the contact patch! Or else!

And I liked enough to get a second one. It's supposed to be for parts, but I haven't broken anything. The only part that is of concern so far is the long chassis to upper deck front support post that will bend if you whack it hard enough. Longer screws than in the kit will remedy that. Some are looking for an alternative, but I haven't seen an actual solution.

If the only major gripe for a car that handles this well is one alloy post and a front wing, all I can say is: Ladies and gentlemen, we have a contender.

damn you