R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen Seiki Racing's Nitro MGT7
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2017, 06:12 AM
thommi
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by British Menace
Yes. I found the wear of the drive pin's just recently. Mainly on the central drive shaft's but also on the wheel drive shafts too, but to a lesser extent. Is it me or don't they last as long as they used to?

I have used the Alpha tire's and they were for me at least, my goto tire for consistency in my early GT day's!
I have never, until now, heard of the "Taher tires" Are they made from natural or synthetic rubber do you know?

Yes. I agree. I have only once used 300K oil in the rear with, at the time, 2.5Mill in the front. The track had ridiculously high traction which I think was why I was able to run it so thick.
I only had a hint of exit over steer with it but I have never ran it that high in the rear since!
I need to re-look at running the really low oil in the rear as I have heard one or two say they have had some success with it.
Need to do some testing.
Right now ..... I'm enjoying running my F1 car's

Regards
BM
BM, I need to talk to Taher tires if they are already available in the US. Having now two companies in direct competition in Brazil, where the GT class is quickly becoming the most competitive category, is definitly doing good for the products coming on the market. Depending on the track, the Taher tires are actually quite a bit faster than the Alphas, especially in lower grip conditions, but Alpha is already working on something new to counter that. I can't tell you if it's a syntetic or natural compound, I mostly care if they are fast or not.. lol. The Taher tires at the moment are definitly wearing better than the Alphas, and the Taher tires have in the last weeks been the preferred choice of racers at events where you could choose what tires to race.

About the pin's and cups. The are really wearing out fast, and i change the pins on the driveshafts (central and wheels) every second race with the Mugen tool. If you change the pins regularly, the cups (which are much more expensive) are lasting a bit longer, but still not as long as I would like them to. Wear is a lot higher on the complete drivetrain than in the offroad classes, and the wear is creating unwanted play in the drivetrain which affects once again performance. I don't know if other brands have the same wear ratio, but I definitly would like to see an improvement there.