R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - M2C SHOCK PISTONS AND BLEEDER CAPS!!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 05:16 PM
Jwilliams5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

It definitely brings the car as a package to a whole other level!!! Currently been playing with custom piston configurations, more commonly found combos that is. Personally the 6 hole pistons are a favorite. I've been trying tapered, split hole sizes, and multi hole tapers... it sounds overly complicated, but mainly it's just 6,8,10 hole pistons with varying combos of tapered holes and split hole sizes. The best all around piston for medium grip tracks has been a 6 hole with 3-1.2mm holes and 3-1.4mm holes. I've done 2 variations with tapered holes as well. But standard 6-1.3 pistons have become a go to favorite. I personally like a heavier shock oil than what's suggested. But it's mainly a guide line and you can run or use any weight oil necessary to get the proper feel. Different cars geometries, need or want different weight oils. For instance 3-2.1 pistons feel amazing on a tekno .4 with 40/35 oils. Same package in a Mbx7r needs 50/45 for roughly the same feel on the track. All due to geometry. Or at least that's what I've found for myself.