R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - M2C SHOCK PISTONS AND BLEEDER CAPS!!
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 06:37 PM
jeromerc
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TrespasseR_MN
so looking at m2c pistons, I only find 8x1.2 for nt48.3, however looking at tekno's setups lutz,fischer,bornhorst seem to run 8x1.3. with that 1.2 really feel that different? and another thing on m2c's site they state recommended using 300-400cst oils however they all run seems 600+ anytime so going by a tekno setup, these pistons would'nt work right?

m2c9657 16 MM 8 HOLE 1.2 THRU HOLE
That is not entirely true. You can make the holes bigger, I heard they sell blank pistons or were going to start with the drill bit. On the weight change, it is because the shocks are truly more efficient than standard shock pistons. This means if you use the same heavy oil it will be like adding heavier oil rather than following a setup. I ran the new pistons back to back, and ran what Mitch recommended and found it was a bit soft, so I went up just a hair which was still lower than I normally ran. SO.... If you are that worried, I would say make the holes bigger, which is easy, and then split the difference in the setup and what Mitch recommends. Or run it without drilling them out and see first. With the holes already drilled, making them bigger is as simple as finding the right bit.

That being said, I have not ran the pistons with the bleeder caps yet, only the pistons and everything I heard is that the caps really take the pistons to another level...