R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTC1
Thread: Mugen MTC1
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2017, 11:01 AM
latentspeed
Tech Regular

At $510 they are making profit. Unlike several others killing the hobby. Not too many people will want to join the hobby with prices to scare them away. Those considering a hobbygrade rc will be terrified of any kit, no electronics, costing $500.

In 2007 ae won the world's in Japan with their first wheeler, b44, which started selling a month after the race for $320. The chassis, top deck and shock towers were all carbon fiber. Plus 4 thumb screws and a lexan undertray to keep the chassis looking good. Out of nowhere the prices are now well over $400 and the only difference IN material is an aluminum chassis, and downgrade to bodyclips instead of thumb screws to secure battery. At the time tower was giving $60 discount if you spent $300 or more so I got mine for $260. For no reason ball diffs now cost twice what they used to. A ball diff was not even $30. Today they are around $50.

So yeah $500 for a kit is plenty. TC has machined aluminum bulkheads so I can understand why they cost more than wheelers, but imo $500 should be the maximum price for any tc, unless its parts are made of gold and diamonds.

Last edited by latentspeed; 06-27-2017 at 01:17 AM.