R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RCRE 4.0 The 6th Oil City Dash (OCD), June 9-11, 2017; Edmonton Off-road RC racing
Old 06-15-2017, 08:46 AM
PatrickE
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Feltslasher
Hey ppl. Im curious about the sct racing. Not overly interested in the ocd yet. Might come watch.

The 2wd open sct class. Is that open to any 2wd make,model, upgraded truck?

I have a slash 4x4 hcg. I know it not the best racer.
But the 4x4sct class. Is that a non-modified sct. Any make model?

I bought mine an joined the red deer club when i first started. I lnew nothing. Still dont. But in a hurry i learned there course is more less a truggy course. Had a huge triple that was hard on parts.
I basically parked my truck for 3years. Finally got playing with it again an the fun is new to me again. Id really like to bring it to the track. Run it against some other to test my skill an learn some tips for local pro's

What should i bring to the track? How many batteries? What size are best for racing? I do have a transponder (my laps) still in its package. When is thw best time to go to get the most outa making the teip?
The 2WD Open class is for any 1/10 electric off-road vehicle with rear wheel drive - short course truck, short course buggy, stadium truck, and buggy.

The 4WD SCT is an open class limited to max 2s battery. Since it's a short course class you also have to have a short course body that covers the wheels, and short course wheels. Make/model does not matter. If you plan on racing it you will need a battery that last at least 8 minutes for the main.