R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya XV-01
Thread: Tamiya XV-01
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 09:58 PM
4roller
Tech Addict

I actually had to look up what hooning was. It sounds like you could increase your rear camber to allow for some rear end to slide. How tight is your rear diff? With such nice sticky tires, traction rolling sounds amazing, something that only a top heavy, lifted xv-01 will do. The front mounted motor easily allows the rear end to swing out before a roll happens. What kind of surface are you driving on?

Originally Posted by LJH
I hope you guys don't mind this TT02 guy posting in here, you guys are actually use your cars on unprepared surfaces which there is not a lot of in the TT02 thread.

I glued up the 26MM Rides tonight and tried them out this evening. Once you get some heat into them they are sticky....so sticky that I traction rolled twice, something I have never done with the USGT tires. With that said I found the radials much more difficult to modulate during throttle induced oversteer the Rides will swing, catch, and then flick the car hard the other way...it is very pronounced compared to the USGT tires at least on the TT02 chassis. I also do not think they are going to last terribly long, I put two packs through them and the outside shoulders are showing visable wear, especially the rears, but I was doing a lot of hooning.....