R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center
Old 06-04-2017, 08:39 PM
PutAwayWet
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default June 3 Race Report

While I expected a post-Reedy lull, and indeed we were missing most of the guys who traveled to Aliso Viejo over Memorial Day weekend, yesterday's racing was full strength and exceeded my expectations. We had 42 entries, with a B main in Scale Spec. We did a tree removal and trim last week, so the grounds were improved, particularly in Cherry Tree corner and on the back straight--where we have had some troublesome shadows, the view is now more open. I think we will also find that the track stays cleaner.

Writing of Scale Spec reminds me to thank Mike Boyle for his morning efforts to blow and spray the track (we could, were we so inclined, make jokes at Mike's expense about blowing and spraying, but why would we go there?) It's actually a big deal, especially this time of year with the cottonwoods snowing down in big fluffy drifts. It was no easy task. So, thanks to Mike--once you get past the deranged, ear-bleed paddock chatter, he's a really a big, cuddly community-oriented guy. He also put on his Gimp suit (he keeps a Gimp suit in his trunk) and dominated Scale Spec. The rest of the field begged for mercy, but he offered none. After two straight victory dashes for Jesse, he had to settle for second, and Mark took third driving a FWD car with a proper top heavy hot hatch lid.

Modified Touring was light in numbers, but it wasn't light in speed. Korey rallied to our cause and made it to the track for the full day of festivity. Last weekend Korey made the A in Mod at Reedy, claiming 7th overall against a superb stacked field. No surprise then that he took the TQ and win yesterday. Behind Korey, Sam and Stuart battled for second. Sam was the better qualifier, though only just, but Stuart got past and rolled in to take the runner-up behind Harbuckle in the main. Sam put on all kinds of pressure, but Stuart did not yield.

Formula Un, pronounced with the appropriate French nasal Un!, was a full heat. Y'know, it must be said that the F1 crew is nothing if not committed and loyal. Thanks to all of you for continuing to show up. I think our outdoor track is the best possible venue for your cars, and I hope you are enjoying them. Mark T. was in attendance, running I think two of what must be something like 40 of his cars he keeps at home? Anyway, he won, as is the usual when he shows.

Stock Touring was the Sam show all day long. He was TQ and didn't flinch come main time, with a win from tone to tone. Behind, it looked like Ryan might bring some heat, but he was sidelined in the first half by a detached fan unit. The best race for position was between George and Ron. For Ron it was his first time out to Seatac, and he enjoyed it.

Modified 1/12th added a driver. Jeff Glossip threw down and has begun the sorting-out process. He looked racey at times, so I am confident he is on the right track and can put together a good car given some modest effort. Stuart won again, and his pursuit of the fastest car of the day prize inched closer to reality. While he is in the hunt against the Mod TC guys, I will say it's a hard ask, but he is determined to make it happen. Given the challenges in this pollen and cottonwood season, he's doing well to make it close. As the track grips up later in the summer, I think he will be able to get it done.

We're back in two weeks. So far, so good this season. While we've had a rain delay, we have not lost a race day. And the good weather is still ahead of us!

Results attached.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	FinalResults_06-03-2017.jpg
Views:	664
Size:	189.5 KB
ID:	1429517