R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated B6 & B6D thread
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2017, 09:27 PM
PorTX
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Finished up my 3rd race day (back in the hobby after a few years off). Decided to run mod buggy since turn out was light for the holiday weekend. Even though I have ran 1/8th scale ebuggy, It is the first time I have run mod buggy since the early 90's. Ran my new B6 with Tekin 8.5. It killed my driving. I have ran my stock buggy the last two race days and they went really well. After the first two heats today, I decided I was ruining my driving style. The two days running stock buggy I felt like I was getting the hang of it back in short order. Dropping the mod buggy on the track I honestly felt like a true beginner. It was like a light switch for power. Either on or off and no in between. The driver was horrible! Anyway, after round two they had some down time and I asked if I could make a few laps with my stock buggy. After a couple of laps of getting used to "no speed"...I turned faster laps than I had been in mod. So the moral of my story is....no mod buggy for me for a while. Start slow....get smoother...then try to go faster!!